The Gruffalo and Friends Outdoor Activity Book and ToucanBox giveaway PRIZE PROMOTION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. By entering into this The Gruffalo and Friends Outdoor Activity Book and ToucanBox giveaway (“Promotion”), you agree that you have read these terms and that you agree to them. Failure to comply with these terms and conditions may result in your disqualification from the Promotion.
1. This Promotion is run by Pan Macmillan a trading division of Macmillan Publishers International Limited a company registered in England with registered number 02063302 and registered office at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ (“Promoter”).
2. To enter this Promotion you must be: (a) a resident of the United Kingdom; and (b) aged 18 years old or over at the time of entry.
3. This Promotion is not open to directors or employees (or members of their immediate families or households) of the Promoter or any subsidiary of the Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
4. The Promotion is open for entries between 12:01pm on 26th May 2021 and 23:59pm on 31st May 2021.
5. No purchase is necessary to enter this Promotion and will not increase your chances of winning.
6. You can enter this Promotion in the following way: To enter this competition you must leave a comment on the competition post, stating what your favourite activity to do with little ones is. The competition post will be shared on the Gruffalo Facebook page [https://www.facebook.com/OfficialGruffalo/]
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. By participating you hereby release and hold harmless Facebook from any and all liability associated with this Promotion. [https://www.facebook.com/legal/terms] You are providing your information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. All entries must comply with the Facebook Community Standards and any entries which do not comply will be disqualified.
7. Only one entry per eligible person. Multiple entries will be deemed to be invalid and may lead to disqualification.
8. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted or fail to reach Promoter by the closing date for any reason. Proof of posting or sending is not proof of receipt. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid. No other form of entry is permitted. Where relevant, please keep a copy of your entry as we will be unable to return entries or provide copies.
9. The prize for the Promotion consists of the following:
1 x The Gruffalo and Friends Outdoor Activity Book
1 x toucanBox
10. The prizes shall be awarded as follows: The winning comment will be chosen at random via a randomised computer selection process.
11. Ownership of entries: The Promotor does not claim any rights of ownership in your entry.
12. The winner(s) of the Promotion shall be notified as follows: The winner of the competition will be informed by Facebook Message.
13. The winner(s) will be required to confirm acceptance of the prize within 7 working days and may be required to complete and return an eligibility form stating their age and residency details, among other details. The Promoter will endeavour to ensure that winner(s) receive their prizes within 30 days of the date they confirm acceptance of the prize. If a winner does not accept the prize within 7 days of being notified, they will forfeit their prize and Promoter reserves the right to choose another winner. The Promoter’s decision is final and Promoter reserves the right not to correspond on any matter.
14. The winner(s) may be required to participate in reasonable post event publicity in any form (including on the Promoters website and social media pages) at no cost.
15. The winner’s first name and county, and if applicable, a copy of the winning entry can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to The Gruffalo and Friends Outdoor Activity Book and ToucanBox giveaway, Pan Macmillan, The Smithson, 6 Briset Street, London EC1M 5NR 30 days after the closing date. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and/or winning entry being made available, please inform the Promotor using these contact details and quoting the name of the Promotion. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend these Terms and Conditions or change the Prize (to one of equal or greater value) as required by the circumstances. No cash equivalent to the Prize is available.
17. All personal data submitted by entrants is subject to and will be treated in a manner consistent with the Promoter’s Privacy Notice accessible at https://www.panmacmillan.com/privacy-notice. See also the condition above with regard to the announcement of winners.
18. The Promoter may at its sole discretion disqualify any entrant found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Promotion or contrary to the spirit or intention of the Promotion.
19. Other than for death or personal injury arising from negligence of the Promoter, so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter hereby excludes all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Promotion or any aspect of the Prize. All activities are undertaken at the entrants own risk. Your legal rights as a consumer are not affected.
20. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Disputes arising in connection with this Promotion shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
This website is operated by a company called “Macmillan Publishers International Ltd”, which is also known as “Pan Macmillan”. Macmillan Publishers International Ltd is a company registered in England. Our registered number is 02063302. Our registered office is at Cromwell Place, Hampshire International Business Park, Lime Tree Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG24 8YJ.
By using this website you agree to use it in the way that we ask you to. If you do not agree to these conditions, please do not use this website. We may change these conditions at any time, so please check them each time you visit this website.
Your use of our website
The names and logos that you see on this website are owned by us or other people who have given us permission to use them – that means you cannot use them without asking our permission first.
You can only use this website for your personal use. The information on this website is only designed for you to look at when you visit the website. You must not download, copy or sell, this website without asking our permission first. You also must not change anything on this website.
Links to other websites
This website may include links to other websites which are run by other people. These links do not mean that we agree with the information on those websites nor that we have any control over those websites. If you are worried or concerned about any of those websites you should contact the person who runs the website.
If you are under twelve years old, you will need to get your parent's or guardian's permission before registering on this website. We may ask for proof that your parent or guardian has given his/her permission before we allow you to register on this website.
Only one registration per person is allowed. You must also keep your registration information up to date.
Please also make sure you keep your password a secret and don’t tell it to anyone else.
You must not pretend to be anyone else when you use the website. You must also not let anyone else use your account or use anyone else’s account yourself.
If you think that someone else may have access to, or be using, your password or your account, you must tell us as soon as possible by contacting [insert email address].
Our responsibility to you
We can’t promise that this website will always be available or that it won’t have any mistakes in it. We also don’t promise that this website will be free of computer viruses or anything else which might harm your computer. The information in this website is also not supposed to be advice, so please don’t rely on anything you read on this website.
So far as we are legally allowed to do so, we don’t accept any responsibility for any loss or damage which results from anyone’s use, or inability to use any part of this website.
We do not monitor this website and are not responsible for anything which is posted on the website by other users. We are, however, allowed to delete, remove or change anything which is posted on our website. The views expressed by any such posts belong to the people who posted them and do not belong to us.
If you post anything on the website, you give us permission, forever, without having to pay you anything, to use, change, make available, copy, adapt, translate, distribute and display your post (or any part of it) in any way we want. If you don’t want to give us this permission then please don’t post anything on the website.
If you want to post anything on the website, there are some rules that you need to follow. You must not:
- post anything which is against the law, damaging to someone’s reputation, obscene, threatening, offensive, or harmful in any way;
- post anything which does not belong to you or which you don’t have permission to use;
- pretend that something you post belongs to you or that you have permission to use it;
- advertise, promote or offer to sell anything;
- post anything that contains computer viruses or anything else which might be harmful to computers;
- reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, email address, telephone number or address); or
- post anything which you do not want to be made public.
If you are worried or concerned about anything on the website, please let us know by emailing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law.
[22 December 2020]